Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fun with Guest Stars

I joked around here recently about how funny it would be if Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls (on which Jared played a character named Dean) showed up on an episode of Supernatural. While that's a little far-fetched, I will have to say that I love it when actors and actresses whom I've loved in other roles on other shows show up on screen with the Winchester boys. Three that come to mind are...











Amy Acker (Angel) in the episode "Dead in the Water"



















Julie Benz (Angel) in the episode "Faith" (By the way, when I was at the Buffy the Vampire Slayer panel at Dragon*Con, someone asked Julie about her guest spot on Supernatural. She said she really enjoyed it and that there was a kiss filmed between her and Jensen, but it got cut.)














Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) in the episode "Road Kill."

This got me to thinking about who I'd like to see show up as a guest in the future. My first thought? Sarah-Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). There's a big overlap between Buffy and Supernatural fans, so I think it would go over well and potentially be really funny. I mean, if they can bring on Paris Hilton... James Marsters (Buffy) would be good too. Oh, I've got it...what if the boys are dreaming or the Trickster is messing with them and they think they're Angel (Sam) and Spike (Dean) and Sarah-Michelle guest stars and can't choose between them. :) Isn't it amazing what the brain will come up with when it's punchy at 2:46 in the morning?

So, seriously, who would you like to see guest on Supernatural this season or next (if there's a next one)?

6 comments:

Maria Lima said...

or the Trickster is messing with them and they think they're Angel (Sam) and Spike (Dean) and Sarah-Michelle guest stars and can't choose between them.

OMG, Trish - I'd SRSLY pay for that episode!! Such great fandom crossover meta.

Don't worry about the wee hours punchy, I was frantically typing/jotting notes for book 4 around the same time. Had one of those epiphany things. Perhaps Castiel was floating around, lending a hand? (hey, I can hope!!) ::g::

Trish Milburn said...

Maria, LOL on Castiel floating around helping with your plotting. Hey, I wouldn't mind plotting help from Misha. :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

LOL, Trish!

I'd love to see anyone from Firefly, or Dominic Monaghan or Billy Boyd (hobbits from Lord of the Rings), and I can see Brian Austin Green as a hunter or demon or...oooooh, he'd make a good God vessel. *daydreams*

My favorites have definitely been the three you mentioned, plus Gary Cole and what's-his-name, who played Mary's dad.

Trish Milburn said...

Oh, Mary's dad -- dude from The X-Files -- Mitch Pileggi.

Would love to see the Firefly gang show up too. River could kick some butt. :) OMG, Sam and Dean take on the Reivers!

Oh, I like your thinking on Brian Austin Green. Did you know he's playing a new baddie this season on Smallville?

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yeah, I considered picking up Smallville again just to see him, but I don't think I could stand it. LOL

Poppycole said...

This would never ever happen but I think it would be hilarious if Neil Patrick Harris's character 'Dr. Horrible' showed up. Like I said way, way out there. But humorous to imagine.

In other news...getting excited to see "The End" tonight. Was looking at the promo photos and love the little details involved. For instance the theater sign advertising the movie Highway 666 and all the "Fight" graffiti was very reminiscent of urban art, at least the stuff I've seen here in Houston. Also reminded me of some of the promos Mischa's Minions have created on you tube.

Overall, looking forward to a great episode.