Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What You Could Be Watching During Hellatus

I've always been a fan of the odd, like X-Files and shows like that, and I grew up watching monster movies, so Supernatural was a show I knew I'd like from the beginning. When I was struggling to come up with a post for today, I thought about all the new weird shows out this summer. Some I'm watching, some I haven't tried.


Haven--I LOVE this show. LOVE the heroine, love the characters in the town, love the scenery, love the dialogue. The setting is a town in Maine, and an FBI agent has traveled there to investigate the disappearance of a felon. Turns out some supernatural phenomenon had occurred and our lovely FBI agent had figured it out, alone with the broody deputy. She found out clues about herself while there, so decided to take time off to investigate. So far there are no monsters, just phenomenon, but I like the characters and setting enough to go along.

The Gates--I'm on the fence about this show about werewolves and vampires living in an upscale community. It's very shiny, like Eastwick, with beautiful people hiding their true natures, especially from the new sheriff, who has secrets of his own.

Warehouse 13 and Eureka are shows I don't watch, but I'd think they'd fall in this category.

What are you watching?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie J. Damschroder said...

We started Haven and enjoyed it, but not loved it. I'm really into Eureka this season (have always liked it) and also have to say Torchwood and Dr. Who are in the same category as Supernatural, especially Torchwood. I'm really, really missing it. Dr. Who is a bit more light-hearted, despite the constant world-destroying stakes. But they even had the same black smoke in one season that Supernatural had! :)

Poppycole said...

I personally just discovered "The Middleman". It's been off the air for awhile now I guess but I'm loving all the kooky sayings. Also I second Natalie on "Eureka"...they hooked me in with their time-travel concept this season.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.