Monday, January 24, 2011

Supernatural News Week of January 24

In news this week:


Fringe and Supernatural are once again in competition. I for one am glad to have a dual tuner Tivo, but that doesn't make this comment by Fox exec any less irritating.

The CW president doesn't seem to agree. She told E! online she'd be shocked if SPN didn't get picked up for season 7.

Last week Jim Beaver tweeted that during filming of the episode, "And Then There Were None," 38 cast and crew members were sick! Yuck!

Supernatural has been nominated for best sound effects in the Motion Picture Sound Editors' Golden Reel Award.

And it looks like we're finally going to have a funny episode in February, titled "The French Mistake."

Did you know Blog Talk Radio has interviews with production people from Supernatural? Check it out.

Meanwhile, are y'all watching Being Human? I really liked the first episode, and it slides right into my Monday night TV.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely watching Being Human. I'm a huge fan of the original Brit show and don't know why they just didn't purchase the series like they did for Dr. Who and Merlin instead of doing an American version. But, I suppose it has something to do with rights, etc. I did enjoy the first ep immensely and am looking forward to the next.

New ep of SPN this week. Yay!! Hellatus is over.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I hate when anyone in TV tries to bolster their show by taking shots at another show. Hell-LO! We all watch everything! So for the FOX guy to pick on Supernatural just makes me not want to watch Fringe. The Heroes guy slamming LOST made me glad I'd stopped watching Heroes. Jerks. *grumble*

(For the record, I won't stop watching Fringe, not that it matters since I'm not a Nielson family so I'm not counted anyway.)

I haven't watched Being Human. I'd considered watching the Brit show, but I have so little interest in vamps and werewolves. I, too, wish they'd just air the originals of any British (or Canadian, or Australian) show. I mean, they all air our shows instead of doing remakes. But it probably has something to do with control over the property. Oh, well.

Four more days! I CAN'T WAIT.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I just saw that Chad Lindberg will be on The Cape on 2/7.

Anonymous said...

Man, that was a low, unneccessary blow. Bad form from that exec. Melissa, I'm enjoying Being Human too.

Jammi said...

I thought the first episode of Being Human was interesting, especially since they didn't follow the storyline of the British version exactly but the second one didn't carry the same momentum for me. I have no idea why they didn't just go with the original Being Human but I guess it'll be interesting to see if the change in countries will affect anything beyond which war Mitchell/Aidan was turned in.