Monday, March 30, 2009

Favorite Supernatural Vids

If you're reading this blog, you're probably at least somewhat familiar with YouTube. YouTube is everything you've ever wanted to see on video. Looking for high school football highlights for Tom Brady, superstar NFL quarterback, from nearly 15 years ago? They're there. Maybe you were born later than 1984 but wanna know why your parents keep yelling "Where's the beef?"

But YouTube is also a repository of creativity, and a great deal of it is dedicated to our favorite show. A simple search brings up 162,000 hits. Here are some of our favorites (some not safe for work):

This one is my fave, because it has excellent timing and matches the clips with the lyrics. You'll notice they've added an "advertisement" that allows you to purchase the music used (assuming that carries over from the main URL to the embedded video). That makes me squee with joy for the musicians being (well-meaningly) infringed upon by the fans.



There are probably a hundred Supernatural drinking games on YouTube. This one is magnificent for its action choices, its music, and its "interactivity" with the boys:



There's a sequel here.

Here's a short one you'll have to watch over and over, and then you'll curse me for days for the earworm:



I'm not the only Supernatural Sister who hangs out a YouTube! Mary also recommends the previous two (and heck, she might have pointed me to them in the first place!). But her favorite favorite is a South Park mix with magnificent alignment:



It's probably not a surprise that Trish said the ones Mary listed are some of her favorites, too. Plus, she is routinely cracked up by this (embedding is disabled on that one) and this:



Those two have been available on TV, of course, but thank goodness for YouTube when we want to go back and giggle.

I could fill another couple of webfeet with videos, but Tanya's got the truth of it:

"I try to stay away from them because once I'm at a place like youtube watching Winchester vids, I can lose an entire day of writing before I realize it! But when I am there, I tend to watch Dean's eye of the tiger performance and different interviews, including one of the boys at a convention talking about Texas accents :-)"

There you go! I've probably wasted a good half hour of your time there. Now it's your turn. What excellent videos have we missed? I need some replacements for the "Dude" and "Son of a Bitch" Dean videos that got taken down! Share your favorites in the comments!

12 comments:

kaybee said...

Oh I love those! Youtube definitely has consumed more of my time than I'd like to admit haha.

I very much enjoy the Pinky and the Brain video by SuperfreakSummer which was taken down. :(
The Supernatural Files is another fave
http://www.youtube.com/v/jprt3pBbLI8&hl

and The Supernatural Menace :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4U14Z-KUD4

Anonymous said...

Natalie, WHAT a way to start my week! I've seen the Sammy song before and lots of other vids, but somehow I've completely missed the Drinking Game and its sequel! Completely cracked me up!

Tanya, off to check out kaybee's suggestions and get no work done..

phouse1964 said...

Since I am at work, I will be waiting until tonight to watch all these. Again. SInce I know I have seen most of them already (I love the Sammy Song and it is stuck in my head again just thinking about it!)

I have to say, I came into the Show late (between S2 and S3) and it was You Tube that sold me. Without fan vids, I don't know that I would have ever seen this show. Who am I kidding. Yes I would have , it just might have taken longer.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Those were great, kaybee! The first one was by the same person who did the drinking game. And really funny coincidence, I just watched The Phantom Menace yesterday! LOL

Tanya, you met your deadline, right? *worries*

Very cool, phouse, YT (indirectly) brought you to us! :)

Anonymous said...

>> have to say, I came into the Show late (between S2 and S3) and it was You Tube that sold me

phouse, I have a friend in similar circumstances! I think she went to a small vid-con in Florida, with fans for all kinds of different stuff, and got hooked on Supernatural before she'd even seen the episodes.

>>>Tanya, you met your deadline, right?

The big one, yes ;) Now I'm working on several smaller but pressing ones before the kids get out for Spring Break Friday. It's amazing how little I accomplish when they're not in school!!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Okay, then I command you to set a timer when you head over to YouTube! LOL I had to refrain from checking out some of the recommendations while I was there.

And I hear you on the not getting stuff done with the kids home. Even if they're being angels and leaving me alone, just knowing they could interrupt at any time makes it so hard to concentrate!

Trish Milburn said...

OMG, Tanya, I can't believe you hadn't seen the drinking game one. Whoever put it together put some time and effort into it, to hilarious effect.

Okay, I'm inputting revisions on a book I'm trying to turn in today, so I make myself work on a few pages before watching a vid as a mini reward. :)

Trish Milburn said...

kaybee, liked the Supernatural Menace one. Dean as Obi-Wan -- LOL!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just spent the morning watching vids. I hadn't seen any of these. I avoid YouTube because I'll never get off. And sure enough I loved the drinking game vids so much I checked out another of her vids and found this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56NvAs547s&feature=channel_page. I laughed and laughed.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Oh, Terri, that's awesome! Did you see the video response from Chad Lindberg? Awesome.

Dammit, yesterday I managed to avoid looking up more of lsketch42's stuff, but I just clicked her username...

Trish Milburn said...

LOL! Terri, that video was hilarious.

phouse1964 said...

Oh the joy of Supernatural vids on You Tube! Do I or don't I teach my mom how to find stuff on You Tube? She's retired. She has time to waste, right?

I had totally forgotten abou tthe South Park one. Love it!