Monday, July 27, 2009

What's in your trunk?

You know those Capital One commercials that ask, "What's in your wallet?" Well, today's question is, "What's in your trunk?" For most of us, the answer is probably pretty boring. You can't say the same for those Winchesters.


Here's a list compiled from sites, video, pics and memory of what you can find in Sam and Dean's weapons cache aka the Metallicar's trunk. It in know way covers everything. Feel free to add others in the comments. One thing's for sure, I imagine there are things in there that would scare us.


* spear heads

* machetes

* knives

* arrows

* throwing stars

* camcorder

* infrared thermo scanner

* EMF detector

* brass knuckles

* grenades & launcher

* wooden cross

* blacklight

* lockpick

* shovel

* duffle bags

* bandoliers

* gas

* salt tin

* wooden stakes

* holy water flasks

* salt rounds

* flare guns

* tasers

* mallet

And then of course there's the fire power. If you want the goods on the guns check out this page on the Internet Movie Firearms Database. From Colts to Glocks and Winchesters to Remingtons, these boys are packing.


Of course, elsewhere in the car we also know they've got Dean's cassettes, toothbrushes, Sam's laptop, Dad's journal, paper and pens, alias identifications, cell phones, maps, clothes and the occasional rotten tuna fish sandwich. If you think about it, the Impala is like Mary Poppin's carpet bag, it always has what they need when they need it. However, I don't think I've ever seen a spare tire!

As for me, I have two jackets, a beach towel and two canvas grocery sacks, which I forget to use. So, what's in your trunk?

3 comments:

phouse1964 said...

You forgot toilet paper. I have TP in my trunk and some water and a blanket because, you know, you never know when you might flip your car into a revine in the middle of nowhere and have to hang out until someone finds you. I think there might be a book in there too.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Cool topic, Terri! LOL on the bags you forget to use--I have one of those in my back seat.

My trunk usually has:

*an umbrella

*flattened cardboard to take to the recycling bin

*a plastic cover that seems like it belongs somewhere in my car but doesn't match anything

*a folding mesh basket

*sometimes a bag of clothes to take to the donation bin

*an old dictaphone and a mysterious box with a medical instrument, both of which are electronic and therefore need special disposal that I don't know what it is and hence they've been there for going on 4 years now.

So, not as interesting as the Impala, but not quite normal, either. LOL

Anonymous said...

Count me in on the "I mean to be environmentally correct but always forget to carry the d@mn things into the store!" And LOL at no spare tire. As if the Impala could suffer something so mundane as a flat...

Tanya