Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One more week...

We're just over a week away from new episodes of Supernatural. Yay! In Episode 11, "Sam, Interrupted," the boys get themselves checked into a mental institution to seek out what is attacking the patients. Hmm, this sounds familiar. Oh yes, sounds like "Folsom Prison Blues," when they got themselves thrown into prison for the same reason. But as horrifying as being in prison would be, it seriously creeps me out more to think about going undercover in a mental institution. All kinds of fears come out -- like what if I really do begin to doubt my sanity or the staff becomes convinced I'm not sane and keeps me there?

Part of the synopsis for the show says, "their incarceration pushes both to the breaking point as they unleash their inner demons against each other." I'm curious how this will manifest, and how far it will go. Any guesses? Here's the trailer to give you some glimpses of the show:




Another question -- are there any spooky places or situations the boys haven't encountered yet that you'd like to see them explore?

1 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I agree with you, Trish, that a mental institution is way creepy and very frightening. Even if someone belongs there, they probably don't think they do (my mother didn't, even as she told me about cameras in the walls and transmitters implanted in her jaw [it was osteomylitis, actually, but no one would listen when she said she had this infection in her jaw]).

Gah. I hadn't even thought about that when I read the short description of this episode! Now I'm even more weirded out!

Okay, the show. I'm a little wary of seeing the brothers against each other again so soon after they reconnected, so I'm hoping the trailer is a little misleading.

I can't think of spooky places they haven't encountered yet, but I'm sure Kripke and Co. will. :)