Tuesday, May 8, 2012

HOLLYWEIRD release

Yay! Today's the official release date of my Supernatural inspired YA novel, HOLLYWEIRD. This paranormal romcom is about two teens who win a trip to meet their favorite TV star only to realize he's the son of Satan and the lone person who can save them is a fallen angel working undercover as his personal assistant.

I got this idea by fantasizing about a visit to the SPN set. At one time the Supernatural Sisters were trying to arrange a tour. Alas, that didn't work out, but it certainly got my imagination running wild. Fortunately for me I found lots of information about Supernatural's set online and in the Supernatural magazines. I used those details to help create my fictional show's set.

Jensen was the model for the fallen angel, Jameson, and Jared inspired the sexy, but evil Dakota. There's a lot of little nods to SPN that fans will catch and the Supenatural Sisters each make a cameo during the set visit scene.

As you can imagine, I had a blast writing HOLLYWEIRD. I hope you'll consider checking it out and spreading the word to other Supernatural fans who might be interested.

Wishing you more halos than horns, Terri
www.terriclarkbooks.com

10 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I ordered this last week and it came right away but Number One got her hands on it first. I hope she's done because I want to start it today! :)

She found it weird because her first name is the same as one of the characters, who is male. :) But she was loving it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for ordering it, Natalie. I'm happy to hear your daughter is enjoying it. And now I'm racking my head for what name you're talking about. LOL. I hope the book made her laugh. :)

MJFredrick said...

It's not available for Nook yet--any idea when? I've got it on my wish list :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I don't know why I'm so cagy. LOL It's Dakota!

I did get to start reading it last night. Now I'm really annoyed I have to work on my own book. :)

Trish Milburn said...

I'm so looking forward to reading this. I have to meet some deadlines for reading manuscripts/editing first, but then I'm firing up the Kindle and reading it.

Anonymous said...

MJ, my editor says it's hard to tell. They give the info to B&N, but they don't always get it up right away. It should be anytime though.

Anonymous said...

I think Dakota is such an awesome name. I had a patron at the library and that was his name. And his brother was Wichita.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your deadlines, Trish!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Wichita! Wow, that's an unusual one. LOL

My Dakota has a male Dakota in her class. They were on the same soccer team in 3rd grade, so he went by Butch. Then they had 5th grade in the same class. Now in high school, once in a while they cross paths.

She *hates* that the default assumption is that she's male, and loves correcting people. LOL

Emmie said...

Hi Terri, I have just ordered your book. Looking forward to reading it! I'm sure I'll have Jared and Jensen's faces in my head as I do!