Monday, June 15, 2009

Things That Would be Worse Than Bad Supernatural

A little while ago, we talked a little bit about the possibility of a season six without Eric Kripke. Many people would rather have no SPN than bad SPN, but I thought there are some things that could be worse:

1. Jared and Jensen in other jobs…that film in Vancouver.

2. Jared on a show like According to Jim.

3. Jensen on a generic crime drama.

4. J&J never get another real gig, just spend all their time traveling around to Supernatural conventions, becoming a better-looking but even more pathetic version of the Galaxy Quest crew.

5. Jensen joins Star Trek. I couldn't imagine Jensen in that world. Then I pictured him in uniform. At attention. And...um...yeah, never mind.

~~~~~~~~
Okay, so...I'm not very good at this. That was all I could come up with.

So then I thought, well, I'm in the minority, but I'd be okay with Kripke-less writers and half-hearted stars. I don't think the show would stray too far from what makes it so compelling for me. But what would make the show too horrible to watch?

1. They replace Sam and Dean.

2. They bring back Bela (that's a bone for the Bela-haters--I liked her).

3. The boys decide they're tired of traveling, sell the Impala, and settle down with the 90210 kids.

4. To nail ghosts in a daycare center, they pose as teachers. ... Wait, that could be funny.

5. They do an episode where the "fight" is cringing in an attic spraying fire at bees while the fastest night in history passes.

~~~~~~~~
The thing is...

First, we don't get to say "stop now, the show's on top, it can't possibly be as good next year." So that leaves us to either watch it or not. Secondly, we can't know what a season six would be like. What if Sera Gamble gets promoted to showrunner? Doesn't she do much of that already? She oversees the writing and seems to be of like mind with Kripke.

I personally can't cut off my nose to spite my face and say I wouldn't watch it, at least to find out how they do.

~~~~~~~~
Now it's your turn. Tell us what you think:

a. would be worse than bad SPN

and

b. would render SPN too bad to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

>>>>The boys decide they're tired of traveling, sell the Impala, and settle down with the 90210 kids.


Aaaa! That's scarier than Bloody Mary :-) The daycare ghost thing, though? That could be hilarious. (And it's not like they haven't had plenty of creepy scenes involving small children...)

Trish Milburn said...

5. They do an episode where the "fight" is cringing in an attic spraying fire at bees while the fastest night in history passes.

LOL! Had to laugh at this.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Yeah, Tanya, sometimes the things that seem most ridiculous work the best (e.g. existential teddy bear).

Thanks, Trish! LOL